ANOR, a leading institutional partner in standardization and quality.
In order to put the country back on the path of economic and social progress after the economic and social crisis it has gone through, the Government has put in place an industrial policy, one of the major components of which is the development of a system National standardization and quality promotion in line with the stated economic and social objectives.
To this end, the President of the Republic, His Excellency Paul Biya, proceeded by decree n ° 2009/296 of September 17, 2009, to the creation of the Agency of Standards and Quality (ANOR). It is an administrative public institution with legal personality and financial autonomy, under the technical supervision of the Ministry of Industry and under the financial supervision of the Ministry of Finance.
In liaison with the administrations and public and private bodies concerned, ANOR’s mission is to contribute to the development and implementation of government policy in the field of standardization and quality in Cameroon. To this end, it is responsible for: the development and certification of standards; certification of standards compliance; promoting standards and the quality approach to public administrations, parastatals and private sector organizations; monitoring of cooperation with international bodies and specialized committees in the fields of standardization and quality; conducting studies on standardization and tothe development of proposals for measures to improve the quality of products and services and compliance with standards; dissemination of information and documentation on standards and quality; any other missions that may be entrusted to it by the government, in the field of standards and quality.
ANOR plays a leading role in the development of a quality infrastructure adapted to Cameroon’s ambitions and provides the basis for excellence in political, economic, social and cultural matters. It is a standardization tool and platform that will help to integrate the culture of quality into our society.
Guest on line
We have 49 guests and no members online
- Camwater gets new board chair
- 30 municipalities join move to address poor energy access, climate change
- Gov’t step up actions to ensure constant water, energy supply 2019
- Local, Regional invoice structures urged to adapt to new finance law
- Program of the annual conference 2018 23 January 2019
- International Call for Expression of Interest for the granting of mining titles on the rutile block of Akonolinga, 29 October 2018
- Ambassador of the Republic of China received by MINMIDT 13 September 2018
- Presentation of the project to build a van assembly plant 12 September 2018
- Présentation de l’évolution des travaux du projet de forage par la société Tower Resources 12 September 2018