Technopôle Agro-industriel the project of development of the master plan officially presented
It was on the occasion of a workshop chaired on 29 April 2016 in Yaounde by the Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development, Ernest GBWABOUBOU.
The government’s obvious desire to modernize our agriculture and make it a third-generation agriculture to give added value to local agricultural products, able to compete with imported ones, is today concretized by this commitment to put in place a master plan of the agro-industrial technopole.
This technopole, which will have to produce and export the products of an advanced technological level after their local transformation, will aim, among other things, to attract as much as possible, the private national and foreign investors in an important space of agro-industrial nursery; to reduce the high rate of post-harvest losses in order to increase local production. It will also create a research center in the technopole with business incubators; organize farmers into business clusters; to facilitate cooperation with universities and engineering schools to stimulate growth and development and, finally, to create jobs and foster the growth of a rural economy.
The workshop of April 29, which was organized under the theme “agro-industrial technopole, a tool for the development of the agro-industrial sector in Cameroon”, was held in the perspective of sharing experiences between stakeholders public / private and to present the challenges of the implementation of the project of the master plan of the agro-industrial technopole.
For the record, the work of the steering committee of the project chaired by the Minister of Industry took place the day before the meeting of the workshop.
Guest on line
We have 49 guests and no members online
- Camwater gets new board chair
- 30 municipalities join move to address poor energy access, climate change
- Gov’t step up actions to ensure constant water, energy supply 2019
- Local, Regional invoice structures urged to adapt to new finance law
- Program of the annual conference 2018 23 January 2019
- International Call for Expression of Interest for the granting of mining titles on the rutile block of Akonolinga, 29 October 2018
- Ambassador of the Republic of China received by MINMIDT 13 September 2018
- Presentation of the project to build a van assembly plant 12 September 2018
- Présentation de l’évolution des travaux du projet de forage par la société Tower Resources 12 September 2018