Cameroon has significant mineral resources largely under exploited. The contribution of the mining sector (excluding oil) in the GDP is still marginal (less than 1%).
In its (2035) long-term vision, Cameroon intends to join the ranks of emerging countries with a strong industrial and mining sector.
To accelerate industrialization, the country intends in its Growth and Employment Strategy (GESP), to intensify the exploration, exploitation and processing of mineral resources, attracting investors in these activities with high capital and technological intensity.
The exploitation of known future world class deposits will significantly boost this sector. Ministry of mines Cameroon Official Website
• The essential of solid mining is confined more or less in the informal sector of artisanal mining.
• No industrial exploitation of mineral substance on which a concession can be signed has yet emerged in Cameroon
• Low dissemination of existing geological potential;
• Lack of geological and mining data :
– Absence of complete and reliable coverage in strategic geochemical and alluvial prospection
– Cartography at 1/500 000 based on obsolete techniques (geochemistry, geochronology, GIS, ferromagnetism…..)
• Low development of basic infrastructure (ports, roads, railways, energy);
• Existence of institutions for the organization and management of the sector (MINIMIDT, IRGM, …) and many more being created (National Mining Corporation, National Geological Service, mining cadastre, mining promotion agency;
• Existence of a renovated legal and regulatory framework (Law of 2010 on the Mining Code supplementing that of 2001);
In this context of Cameroon’s mining strategy is as follows: Ministry of mines Cameroon Official Website
Guest on line
We have 49 guests and no members online
The National Mining Corporation (SONAMINES) created by the President of the Republic 15 December 2020
9 billion 496 million CFA francs of budget for 2021 3 December 2020
International public call for expressions of interest for the financing, development, equipment, operation and management of the Ouassa-Baboute, industrial reference technology park (technopôle) 12 November 2020
Draft Program of the Annual Conference January 16th and 17th 2020 13 January 2020
Annual conference of central and devolved services of MINMIDT extended to affiliated bodies january 16th and 17th 2020 11 January 2020
Concept Note: Discovery of over 300 new mineral occurrences and the 3rd Edition of Cameroon International Investment Mining & Exhibition Conference (CIMEC 2019 -2nd to 4th September 2019) 17 June 2019
Audience granted by the MINMIDT to the Director General of African Intellectual Property Rights Organization OAPI. May 8, 2019
Signing of a petroleum contract for hydrocarbons exploration on Bomana block 23 February 2019
Program of the annual conference 2018 23 January 2019
International Call for Expression of Interest for the granting of mining titles on the rutile block of Akonolinga, 29 October 2018