AGROINDUSTRIAL TECHNOPOLE OF OUASSA BABOUTÉ BY NKOTENG
Cameroon as Nourricier of ECCAS and Nigeria, it is possible and the capacities exist. You are aware that Cameroon imported 1.388 million tons of food products in 2015 for more than 800 billion FCFA, exceeding for the first time hydrocarbons (1.294 million tons) and clinker (1.323 million tons). Mainly rice (730 000 tonnes), fish (217 000 tonnes), cooking salt (139 000 tonnes) and various other food products (301 000 tonnes). This situation remains inexplicable in view of the agro-ecological potential of the country.
By configuring Agro-industry as a sanctuary, the IDP addresses this issue to meet the challenge of population growth and food security. The development of agro-industrial technopoles was chosen as the main strategic direction in this direction. Without having formally expected the validation of the final report of the IDP, which is today, I can reassure you that the Government with the technical support of UNIDO, has just completed the Master Plan of the 1st Technopôle Agroindustriel to erect on 405 ha in the Central Region, Haute Sanaga Department, Nkoteng District, in the village of Ouassa Babouté. This is the typical example of the new situation in the agroindustrial sector that will guide the ambition to become the Nourricier of ECCAS and Nigeria. We are in the process of maturing more other projects of technopoles on land reserves dedicated to agribusiness identified by the MINDCAF in recent years. This is to make the concept of 2nd Generation Agriculture explicit, visible and palpable. In reality, the principle of setting up a 2nd generation agriculture makes sense only supported by arguments of industrial organization of which agro-industrial technopoles are concrete materialization.
Guest on line
We have 49 guests and no members online
- Camwater gets new board chair
- 30 municipalities join move to address poor energy access, climate change
- Gov’t step up actions to ensure constant water, energy supply 2019
- Local, Regional invoice structures urged to adapt to new finance law
- Program of the annual conference 2018 23 January 2019
- International Call for Expression of Interest for the granting of mining titles on the rutile block of Akonolinga, 29 October 2018
- Ambassador of the Republic of China received by MINMIDT 13 September 2018
- Presentation of the project to build a van assembly plant 12 September 2018
- Présentation de l’évolution des travaux du projet de forage par la société Tower Resources 12 September 2018